|Job Title:||Custodian||Job Status:||Full Time|
|Department/Group:||Staunton, VA Office||Reports To:||Store Manager|
|FLSA Status:||Non-Exempt||Travel Required:||None|
|Job Category:||Laborer||Positions Supervised:||None|
|Work Schedule:||40 hour week. Monday – Saturday 8-5, alternating Saturday with a day off during the week every other week. One-hour lunch. Hours are flexible and may vary depending on staff and customer needs.|
|Provide a safe clean environment for customers and staff by performing custodial tasks in the retail store, office, and outside.|
|To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Follow scheduled cleaning outline and checklist.
· Clean and sanitize restrooms/bathrooms.
· Clean, dust, and wipe furniture; sweep, mop, or vacuum floors; empty/clean wastebaskets and trash containers; replace light bulbs; refill restroom dispensers.
· Assist with the setup of facilities for meetings and events.
· Strip, clean, buff, and apply floor sealer and floor finish to hard surface floors.
· Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools: buffers, high pressure washers, vacuums, brooms, mops, etc.
· Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies.
· Perform cleaning and related activities such as removing snow or debris from sidewalks and stairs.
· Wash accessible interior and exterior windows. Clean blinds
· Notify management concerning need for major repairs.
· Follow company safety procedures and policies.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Must be able to speak, read, write and comprehend English.
· Communication skills to communicate with staff.
· Manual skills to perform cleaning and grounds keeping tasks.
· Mechanical skills to operate cleaning equipment and to make minor repairs.
· Ability to understand and follow simple oral and/or written directions.
· Safety/Security – observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and material properly.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential and central functions of this job; It does not restrict management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time; Changes to this job description should be expected to meet the changing needs of the business and its customers.
|Equipment used includes vacuum cleaner, floor buffer, weed eater and other standard cleaning/grounds keeping equipment; ability to carry equipment up and down two flights of stairs. Work involves standing, walking, crouching, crawling, climbing, lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling. Push, pull, and/or carry up to 50 lbs. regularly and up to 75 lbs. occasionally.|
|Inside and outside during warm and cold weather.|